2013 Jun 24, 1:00
Having worked on Windows 8 I'm not in a neutral position to review aspects of it, however I'll say from a high level I love taking the following various positives from smart phone apps and app
stores and applying it to the desktop:
- Independent developers can easily publish apps.
- One trusted place for a user to find apps.
- User can trust apps are limited to a declared set of capabilities.
- One common and easy way for users to buy and try apps.
- Easy mechanism for independent developers to collect revenue.
Relieving the independent developer of software development overhead, in this case Windows taking care of distribution and sales infrastructure is wonderful for me with my third party
and some for productivity on my Surface. Development notes to follow.