2007 May 17, 5:16
Previously I created some resource tools
and then I used them to overwrite msxml3's
XML source view
. In this update I've added support for the XPointer Framework.
This time around I've started to add support for the XPointer Framework
to my XML source view
I've added installation instructions
. The framework consists of a series of pointer segments each of which has a scheme name followed
by data in parenthesis. For example 'scheme1(data1)scheme2(data2)scheme3(data3)'. A pointer segment resolves to a portion of the XML document based on the data and the scheme name. The whole pointer
resolves to the first segment that successfully resolves. That is, from the example, if scheme1 resolves to nothing and scheme2 resolves to something then that's used and scheme3 is ignored. In
addition to the framework I've added support for the xmlns scheme
which binds namespace prefixes to a namespace URI and the element scheme
which is a simple way to resolve to particular elements in an XML. I also have limited support for the xpointer scheme
the content of which is resolved as an XPath
with some extra functions (which I don't support --
hence the limited). I've also thrown in schemes for the two SelectionLanguage
values supported by msxml3.
Next time I might try to support the xpointer functions that aren't in xpath using msxml script
. But I think I'm losing steam on
this project... we'll see.